Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Drum Roll, Please!


We Have A Winner!


Our congratulations go out to PAT (Grandmother of Chris) who was the first to email me a photo of herself with ten helmet liners which she knit. This makes her the winner of our Helmet Liner Knitting Contest, earning her the Not-So-Big-Grand Prize shown further below! Way to go, Pat! It's been a joy to watch the numbers climb as you got the hang of knitting the liners. 


Pat and her labor of love...

For those who don't know, the liners will be a part of our Love and Support From Santa's Elves packages that we'll be sending to our guys this Christmas while they are deployed (please see left sidebar for details).

Pat has worked so hard to craft these liners with love and a heartfelt concern for the guys. Here is the way she recently described the experience of knitting liners for our Marines and Sailors:

I haven't knit in years and have never used circular needles and I've surprised myself. I usually quilt and didn't think I would enjoy knitting - but I am. I also pray over every liner - asking for God's protection for the Marine who is wearing it, etc. It just makes me feel that I'm doing something for our Marines who I love so much.

Thank you, Pat for leading the way! And thanks to everyone else who is doing so much to make a difference, one liner at a time!

Don't forget to check out Pat's Military Prayer Group Blog. She always has something there to comfort, encourage or help us get our thoughts in line. If you find the need to challenge your perspective as the countdown toward deployment begins, do yourself a favor and check out her blog!

Pat's not-so-big-grand prize 
(a clutch wallet-type thingamajig)
Actually, there is another design that 
she will now be able to choose from as well. 

Meanwhile, I'll have to see if I can think up a new contest...

Get ready for some new competition!


1 comment:

  1. WooHoo, way to go Pat! I knew you would be the winner! Enjoy your prize.

    ReplyDelete